Thursday, November 26, 2009

AMBUSHED BY WHAT YOU READ. REALLY?

Come on Sarah! Ambushed by Katie Couric asking you what you read. Really? Ambushed?

Sarah seems awfully defensive about the simplest question she was asked during her failed run to be “one heartbeat away” from being the President of the United States, the most powerful job on the face of the earth to a guy who was in his 70’s and had recovered at least once from cancer. Sarah (I’ve been told) wrote in her book that she felt “ambushed” by the Katie Couric question. Then, I heard her on Faux News tell “Gritch’n” Karlson that she would like to interview Katie to see if Katie had learned anything about Alaska since she asked Sarah that “sneaky” question. My bet is Katie probably knows more about Alaska than Sarah does.

But, could an easier question be asked? “What do you read?” Sarah…the question wasn’t about the Bush Doctrine (which you nothing about), or the duties of the Vice President (which you knew nothing about). The question wasn’t about foreign policy (which you only seemed to think was about the short distance between Alaska and Russia). It wasn’t about how you would approach healthcare (which apparently is limited to your objection to “death panels”…we’re all with you on that one Sarah). The question wasn’t about trade policies (which you never commented on), or tax policy (which you just object to in general…by the way, Sarah, how would we finance the wars, and the highways…stuff like that). It was just about “what do you read?”

I would think any good conservative could rattle off The National Review (you know the publication begun by Wm. F. Buckley…you do know who Buckley is don’t you?), or the Wall Street Journal (for goodness sakes, it’s a paper owned by Rupert Murdoch, he also owns Faux News). I would have even accepted an Anchorage newspaper…they have stories about the nation and the world, don’t they? Heck, I’m not nearly smart enough to be the Vice President but on even short notice I can tell you I read the Dallas Morning News, the New York Times, Time magazine, Newsweek, the Nation, Huffington Post, Daily Kos, The Hill, and Politico, shoot…I even read People magazine when my wife leaves it in the bathroom. I can name several books I’ve read…even ones that don’t involve national issues.

You were ambushed just like I was in high school and college when I had the arrogance to show up for a test when I hadn’t read the assignment, or made any attempt to prepare for the test. I failed the test…and, so did you Sarah.

Those of you who insist that Sarah is qualified to be president ask yourself if you really think someone who has shown the character for breaking under pressure the way she has(why else would you quit half way through her first term as Governor in one of the smallest states in the country) could possible stand up to the pressure of being president. Do you just think when she becomes the leader of the free world, and the person the rest of us depend on, that she will just automatically become curious? I’ll tell you what I’m afraid of…she will be just as rattled as she was when Katie Couric asked her, “what do you read?” I’m afraid we’d have to send in the Marines to pull her out from under her bed.

John McCain created a monster!

What do you read? Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment